Friday, May 12, 2017

So many challenges...So little time!

Hi there...I hope you are all having a great week! I've been spending lots of time in my craft room this week creating cards for a few more challenges. First up is the CAS Watercolor May Challenge for the theme 'Flowers'


I love this W&W stamp set...it has so many beautiful flowers and leaves in it. I colored the blooms with Zig markers and embossed the sentiment with Liquid Platinum EP. Lastly, I added the sparkly gem, which I had in my stash forever :)



********************

My next card is for this week's Muse Card Challenge
This week’s Muse is Tracey McNeely, who created this fabulous masculine card:


And, my card:


I loosely followed Tracey’s layout layering die cuts and adding the diagonal striped papers along the border. Since my chef and kitchen tools are predominantly white, I stenciled the brick wall with pale gray ink and used woodgrain paper to hang the tools.

********************

My last card is for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches designed by Jen T:

And, my card:


For the blue panel, I used the bracket banner from MFT Blueprints13, extending it on my Big Shot to make it longer. The lilies are also from MFT and the sentiment from Clearly Besotted Stamps.
 Well, that's it for me...I hope everyone is getting ready to have a fun and crafty weekend ~

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Card #1




Card #2




Card #3

20 comments:

Jen W. said...

I need a thousand more hours in my week to play along with all the challenges!
You've rocked all three of these. That flower is absolutely gorgeous - love the colours. May have to CASE that.
That chef is so cute and I love the subtle brick behind him.
The last card is classic and beautiful. Love th petals hanging over the edge.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Ardyth said...

I've been feeling the same way - so hard to keep up with everything! But you certainly put in a stellar effort here - wow! Such great cards! Love your chef and his tools! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Cat Craig said...

Super cards Barb, you rocked each of the challenges with your fab clean and simple cards.

I Card Everyone said...

You have rocked those challenges, Barb ... especially LOve the 'subway' tiled wall you stenciled behind your darling Chef!
All three winners are what I'm thinking! Happy Mother's Day, darling friend!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

All fabulous cards Barb! Love the ZIG watercolour on your first card, love the colour combo. The chef makes for a great Muse card so fun with the utensils lined up. Your die cut flowers also so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Barb! You nailed each of these challenges! Your cards are all fabulous, as always. I really love the Muse card, that chef is so cute! All adorable cards!

Linda said...

Wow so many fab cards in one post Barb. Love that platinum embossing, It looks sensational.

Marybeth said...

Wow!!!! Each one is gorgeous! Love that stenciled brick !!!!!

Bobby said...

Fabulous job, Barb. The brick was a great idea to use with the chef and those lilies are wonderful on the blue background. I have that W&W set and haven't used it much. Maybe because I don't have the dies. But the most impressive part about that card is that you got the liquid platinum to show up beautifully in your photo.

Bonnie said...

Hi Barb, I love your watercolor flower! You've managed such pretty soft tones with the Zigs! Love the embossed sentiment too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolor!

Jen Timko said...

Beautiful work! Love these pretty cards. The die cut flower bouquet is lovely. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Nora Noll said...

You were on a roll with these pretty cards. LOVE the colors on the flower and your take on Tracy's card. Would never have thought to use the chef and it is perfection!! Your lilies on the last card are fabulous!! I have those too!! Wonderful design!

lostinpaper said...

I totally agree, more hours (definitely more crafty hours) in a day would suit me fine too. These are wonderful Barb, love your little cheffy take on Tracey's card!

Loll said...

Three awesome cards Barb! You have had lots of fun, craft time. :)

LOVE the soft colours and blending of your zig flower and leaves. So pretty with the large heat embossed sentiment. Your chef is so fun! :) The stenciled brick makes the perfect background. And your last card is so fresh with the white flowers against the blue panel. Thanks for sharing your first card with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Lynne in NI said...

Fab cards, love your little chef!

Amy O said...

These are all such fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Karren said...

Wonderful collection of cards, Barb! That little chef is too cute and the embossed sentiment on your first card looks amazing with that gorgoeus flower. Super-cute take on the FMS sketch, too!

nancy littrell said...

All 3 of your cards are so beautiful and the CAS designs wonderful. I loved your 1st cards heat embossed and beautifully watercoloured with your Zigs flowers, perfect CAS design and added gem. TFS and joining us again at CAS watercolour. Love seeing your cards. Hugs...

Anita in France said...

Love it when you spend lots of time in your craft room, Barb ... it means you create lots of fabulous cards! This trio is gorgeous ... such lovely florals and just the cutest little chef ... so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

How wonderful to give yourself some playtime in your craft room, with results that are smile-making in every way! A duo of pretty flower cards, along with a dapper chef...doesn't get much better than that!
Hugs~c